Unable to tell who invited ?
You are stuggling with the bot unable to figure out who invited whom?
You have setup invite tracking logs and sometimes, or even on each joins the bot send this horrible message: ''I am unable to tell you who invited
memberName. Maybe a temporary invite."
The most annoying message ever made
This message can have a multitude of reasons, we'll try to list most common ones here.
- Make sure the InviteLogger role has manage server permission in your server (this permission is needed for the bot to access to the invite list)
- Make sure the bot has read access to all channels where members are creating invites (this is needed for the bot to receive invite create events)
- The bot is unable to track members which are joining using an 'about to be deleted' invite. (i.e a single use invite will be deleted after being used, or an invite with 6/7 uses too)
- The bot is unable to track "fast invites" (i.e invites directly sent in dm through the invite create menu)
- The bot is unable to track oauth2 related joins
- The bot has just started, so its invite cache is empty, it should be filled after another join, or by using the
- Bot is ratelimited on this endpoint, should be resolved after a few minutes
- Bot is experiencing lag which delays and fails invite tracking, should be resolved after a few minutes too